Monday, August 14, 2006

Oh Gaithersburg


Small town charm, small town bigotry
The good news: My hometown of Gaithersburg, MD is in the international news!

The das-is-not-so-good news: It's because of this goober.

I'll let the article explain:
A protester staked out the home of a Muslim candidate for the Maryland House of Delegates, holding a sign and wearing a T-shirt that mocked Islam.

Timothy Truett sat in a folding chair Saturday on the cul-de-sac outside Saqib Ali's home in Gaithersburg with a sign reading "Islam sucks," and a shirt with the slogan, "This mind is an Allah-free zone"...

Truett called his protest "an experiment," explaining: "I had heard that Muslims were generally intolerant of views other than their own, and so I thought I would put it to the test"...

Truett said he did not think the sign or the T-shirt expressed a message of hate... "I don't think there's anything intrinsically hateful about it."

Oiy.

Tags:

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger briwei said...

What could possibly be hateful about the statement "You suck!"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home