Monday, August 28, 2006

Emmy fallout

Mildly satisfying, with the exception of snubs to Jaime Pressly and Steven Colbert. Elizabeth I, the miniseries from HBO, led the pack with four awards, followed by FOX drama 24 and HBO’s movie The Girl In The Café with three each, and NBC’s My Name Is Earl and Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with a pair. No other show earned more than one. A full breakdown of winners is after the jump.

Continue reading

Comedy:
Supporting actress: Megan Mullally, Will & Grace
Supporting actor: Jeremy Piven, Entourage
Directing: Marc Buckland, My Name Is Earl
Writing: Greg Garcia, My Name Is Earl
Lead actor: Tony Shalhoub, Monk
Lead actress: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The New Adventures of Old Christine
Best show: The Office

Drama:
Supporting actor: Alan Alda, The West Wing
Supporting actress: Blythe Danner, Huff
Directing: Jon Cassar, 24
Writing: Terence Winter, The Sopranos
Lead actress: Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: SVU
Lead actor: Kieffer Sutherland, 24
Best show: 24

Miniseries / Movie:
Supporting actress: Kelly Macdonald, The Girl In The Café
Supporting actor: Jeremy Irons, Elizabeth I
Lead actor: Nick Atwater, Thief
Best movie: The Girl In The Cafe
Directing: Tom Hooper, Elizabeth I
Writing: Richard Curtis, The Girl In The Café
Best miniseries: Elizabeth I
Lead actress: Helen Mirren, Elizabeth I

Variety Show:
Best show: The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Individual Performance: Barry Manilow, Music and Passion
Directing: Louis Horvitz, 78th Academy Awards
Writing: The Daily Show With Jon Steward

Reality Show:
Best show: The Amazing Race

Italics indicate a pick I mentioned Friday.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home