Friday, December 09, 2005

The few, the proud, the suckers


Two inches! Oh no!

This is the scene out the front door of my office. Two inches of snow coat the ground to a shimmering glow, except along city streets, which have been expertly treated with plows, salts and chemicals so the cars and buses traveling along them need not so much as slow down.

The schools are closed. My office is on liberal leave. In my department of 15 people I am one of three who showed up.

I cannot help but be amused. In my four years in Colorado, where it snows once a week from September to April, we got a grand total of one snow day. For six feet. And they never plowed the streets.

Tags:

2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sucker, snow suck why be amused over any snow it is not a laughing matter at all.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Cirrus of Malla said...

Are you telling me you didn't even crack a smile when MW called off classes?

I don't believe you. You're a liar. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home